Your skin is the largest organ in the human body, it needs taking care of too. Another fact we all know, is that two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer before they turn 70. So it’s important that we look after our skin throughout life, to ensure we protect it by getting regular check ups.
Dr Ash is our resident skin specialist, he is able to provide regular skin checks and biopsies at Brisbane GP & Travel Doctor. Early diagnosis is the key to successful treatment, so having your regular GP being able to identify suspicious ligatures and moles, establishing a baseline for your skin health, is priceless.Book Appointment
According to Cancer Council Queensland, “Anyone can develop skin cancer, but it’s more common the older you are. The risk is also higher for people who have:
- Fair or freckled skin, especially if it burns easily and doesn’t tan.
- Red or fair hair and light-coloured eyes (blue or green).
- Experienced short, intense periods of exposure to UV radiation, e.g. on weekends or holidays or when playing sport, especially if it caused sunburn.
- Actively tanned or used solariums/sunbeds.
- Worked outdoors.
- A weakened immune system, which could be caused by taking certain medications after an organ transplant (immunosuppressants) or being HIV positive.
- Lots of moles on their body
- Moles with an irregular shape and uneven colour (dysplastic naevi).
- A previous or family history of skin cancer.
- Certain conditions such as sunspots.”
Information provided by Cancer Council Queensland
Book Appointment now with Dr Ash to get a skin check at your earliest convenience, no referral necessary.